平成19年9月28日金曜日

I'm sleepy

Well, I just got back from the VA Tech and UVA soccer game, and I almost forgot about this blog thingy. The game ended in a 1-1 tie, but it was intense, and I don't even know all of the rules of soccer. I've realized though that although the Blue Route is correct to get back from Klockner to O-Hill, one bus goes all the way to Barracks, tracks back to the stadium, then progresses to O-Hill in a timely fashion of approximately 35 minutes, while the other Blue Route bus directly goes back to Grounds. Anyways, now I'm too tired to go partying, although the time is prime as the football game is not at noon this time. Anyways to the actual Japanese portion of this entry... Today, I completely bombed the vocab quiz, leaving blanks and making stuff up, but on my own fault. I neglected to study for it as much as I normally would do, opting to prepare more for Physics and Multivar Calculus after completely failing (not really, but I didn't do well) on the tests. I do like Physic's 25 point grading scale though (i.e.: 75 = A-, 50=B-, etc.). In the end, I figured that quizzes and tests were not commonplace in those classes, so sacrificing one Japanese quiz was justified. I will, however, try to study more Japanese over the weekend so as to not fall behind. I did go to the Chapter 3 review session, and I found it extremely useful. It really helped me with word order (and how to arrange a sentence in such a way to emphasize certain points) and particle usage. It also broke down the differences between "iku" and "kuru" really well. At this point, I feel more comfortable with Chapter 3, despite a stumbling start on the quiz. Perhaps the misfortune that was Chapter 2 will not repeat itself. Nevertheless, I am still enjoying Japanese class, and I am especially looking forward to this weekend. Well, it's still early... perhaps I will go out.

3 件のコメント:

Patrick さんのコメント...

If Physics is anything like it was when I took it, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The average on tests was usually a D. Multivar doesn't get curved that much, though. But yeah, there are tons of Japanese quizzes, so I wouldn't sweat one of them too much.

alicia's nihongo blog さんのコメント...

Hi Erik. I agree that the Chapter 3 review session helped with word order. I also feel often at odds about whether to do extra Japanese practice/studying or work on assignments for my other classes. Managing it all is a challenge. Enjoy your fall break.

Johanna さんのコメント...

It's great that you guys have a fall break now..we're facing our biggest fears-midterm-instead of ちゅかんしけん。

-Johanna from CU Japanese class