平成20年3月21日金曜日

Kaiwa Day

During this week's Kaiwa section, many of us switched sections presumably in order to increase interaction with others and further develop out Japanese speaking skills in a different environment that we were not normally accustomed to. However, I was unable to switch sections because of my class conflicts that day, but I wish that I could have because I totally bombed that quiz that day.
That day, the class was significantly smaller. As such, I felt as if the attention was more individualized and more speaking was accomplished overall. In other words, it definitely promoted participation. Nevertheless, I am unsure if it actually led to more learning. I'm not sure why, but while good and enjoyable and certainly different, it just seemed to be more of the same. I don't know, maybe it's just a short-term effect, and in the long-run, it would be better. I felt like the new interaction was good, but being too removed from that comfort zone may be slightly detrimental. Either way, it was a good experiment, and by all means, it was sucessful. Perhaps we'll do it again someday...

1 件のコメント:

Sato さんのコメント...

Yes, I agree that there are pros and cons for mixing classes. But in terms of "removal from your comfort zone," thinking about realistic situations in the future, you will communicate not always only with your favorite people. Hope in this way, you were more in a semi-authentic situation!